Sunday, September 24, 2006

Pancakes






Here is the pancake recipe I used. It is actually a pikelet recipe from The "Central Cookery Book" (an old Tasmanian School recipe book). This recipe makes lovely pikelets to eat cold, but today I added more milk to make them more like pancakes and less like pikelets. It made 4 large pancakes. (My changes in brackets)

4 ozs self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used a pinch of salt)
Nutmeg (I didn't add this)
5 tablespoons milk (I added more to make mixture less thick. I used skinny milk)
2 ozs sugar
1/2 oz melted butter
1 egg

Beat egg and sugar (I used a whisk) and add melted butter and milk (keep whisking).
Sift in flour and nutmeg (and whisk till smooth).
Drop in spoonfuls on to a hot, greased pan, griddle or plate (I poured enough mixture in pan to make a pancake instead of smaller pikelets)
Turn when brown (and bubbly)
Butter when cold (We ate them hot with Maple Syrup)

3 comments:

andrea chiu said...

The food is absolutely amazing. I hope I could taste and cook that in actual, maybe if I have much time since I am so busy working. Anyways, thanks for sharing your article. God Bless and have a good day. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

Silvia Jacinto said...

Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it. Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org