Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Fresh Lime Tart









Fresh Lime Tart (from Slimming & Health Magazine Dec 2005)

I worked this out to be approx 2.5 points per slice - 12 slices to the pie


4 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cups wheatmeal biscuits crumbs (I used Milk Arrowroot and I also added 1 tablespoon melted butter to crust)
1 400g can Skim sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks (I used 3)
2 teaspoons lime zest
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (I used the juice of 2 limes)
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon caster sugar



Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and lightly grease a deep 20cm tart tin with a removable base (I used a pie plate lined with Glad Bake)

Warm honey and stir into biscuit crumbs (I also added melted butter). Press onto base and sides of tin and chill.

Meanwhile, mix condensed milk with egg yolks, lime juice and zest until well combined.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and sugar until soft peaks form. Carefully fold through lime mixture until just incorporated. Pour onto biscuit base.

Bake for 40-50 minutes (my oven must be hotter, it only took 35 minutes), until filling puffs up slightly.

Serve cold.

YUMMO!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That looks devine!