Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Muesli Slice



Muesli Slice Recipe
I made a nice Muesli Slice. Not a very sweet one, but I don't like things too sweet. This is nice to have on hand if I feel like a snack with a cuppa. Doesn't look very elegant but tastes nice.


3 cups Muesli (I used Lowan Fruit and Nut Natural Muesli)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup orange juice (no added sugar)
1 egg white (optional – binds together better, but I leave it out)

Place honey and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is syrupy.
Stir syrup into Muesli and mix well.
Press mixture into slice tray lined with baking paper
Bake in moderate oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Mark out 15 squares lightly.

Allow to cool and cut into 15 small squares (approx 1.5 points per square)

No comments: