Friday, July 22, 2005

Light Banana Cake














Light Banana Cake (from Slimming Magazine)

They say serves 8, but I say serves about 12 at 2 points per serve.
Very tasty though and moist.

1 & 1/4 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons low fat spread
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 cup skim milk
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a 10 x 20 loaf tin (with baking paper)

Sift flour and cinammon together into a large bowl. Rub in spread with fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs. Lightly stir in sugar, egg, milk and mashed banana.

Spoon into prepared tin and bake 25 minutes till it is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched. Slice and serve.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yum! I love Banana Cake as a treat :-)

Leighanne said...

These recipies look great - I love the photo's:)

M said...

I know this is an old post but I am still going to comment. Have just printed the recipe and hopefully will bake it this weekend. It can be my treat after the walk. :)

missy vas said...

I made this cake on the weekend with some left over nanas and its the best banana cake I have ever personally amde. Its light and tasty and really good! Only took 25 mins to cook. Thanks so much for posting. It will become a house favourite!
vxx

Jo said...

Cooked in the UK on Sunday 28th June 2009. Lovely receipe - first time I got to use the 'cup' measures I got from the dollar store on my last visit :) Used spelt flour as am wheat intollerent and added to the cooking time (10mins) accordingly. Also added a few saltanas and chopped walnuts. A hit with the family. Thank you.

Amy Meredith said...

It's in the oven! I added saltanas and put them into small muffin cases - great for the lunch box!