Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Beef Hot Pot in slow cooker














Love my Slow Cooker - Beef Hot Pot
I bought a slow cooker a couple of weeks ago and it is wonderful for winter meals. Today I am making a Beef Hot Pot (4 points per serve - serves 4)

500 grams beef (cubed) - heart smart
2 diced parsnips
2 diced carrots
piece of pumpkin diced
small piece of capsicum - diced
1 sachet (50g) Fountain tomato paste
dash of tomato sauce
dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion - diced (or dash of onion flakes)
2 pkts continental roast meat gravy mix


Preheat slow cooker. Make up gravy mix with boiling water. Place vegies and beef in slow cooker and pour over gravy mix. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or high for 5 hours. (or in moderate oven in casserole for 3 or so hours )

Serve with rice or potato (points not included above) or make these delicious dumplings and pop on top of the beef mixture 40 minutes before ready to serve. (Don’t know how these work in an oven)

3 comments:

andrea chiu said...

The food is absolutely amazing. I hope I could taste and cook that in actual, maybe if I have much time since I am so busy working. Anyways, thanks for sharing your article. God Bless and have a good day. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Silvia Jacinto said...

Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org